Objet D'art: Sculptural Antlers

Using antlers in decorating has received a bad rap in years gone by.  Lately though, I've seen 
SCULPTURAL ANTLERS 
show up in some extremely chic rooms.






They are perfect for the holidays too! 
How adorable would it be to hang delicate ornaments from each point?

The antler in my home is from a hiking trip I took with my dad and brother about 15 years ago.
My dad had kept it in his basement and I was able to dig it up.
Now I need to figure out if I want to leave it plain, 
paint it white, or maybe paint it a funky metallic like chrome or antique gold....

If you aren't lucky enough to live in an area where you can search for naturally shed antlers,
no need to worry, check out these picks:


Isn't the antler wreath bananas?  And LUCITE antlers?? I mean... I die.

2. Oly Studio Antler Wreath
3. Jayson Home Lucite Antler Large

{images via That's Chic, unkown, Michael Penny, Design Sponge}

3 comments:

  1. Love LOVE this trend. I really want one of those ceramic deer heads to hang on my wall, but this would be a close second!

    ~Stop Me if You've Heard This One

    ReplyDelete
  2. Generally I am not a fan of the antlers, but the pictures you featured really hit the mark. Sculptural, natural, and not sticking out of a wall. I like it :)

    ReplyDelete